Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Oh, Interwebs!

See more artistic log-piles at Pleated-Jeans.com
I'm going to try a new thing: a weekly round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 


THINK


This video is part of the What’s Underneath Project, which aims to prove that style is about so much more than a person’s outfit choice. Watch interviews with artists, models, and actors as they reveal their personal struggles with sense of self, beauty, and vulnerability. The interviewees gradually remove the layers of (protective) clothing, becoming more honest and more vulnerable. It is moving to watch.

Found through The Frisky.


DROP YOUR JAW


Pink and White: A Very Unpleasant Story -- calling it "uncomfortable" is like saying that childbirth hurts a little. This story is beautifully written, the kind of writing that makes me envious.
One day the younger girl found the poison under her bed when she was looking for her school shoes. “What’s this?” she asked her mother.
“None of your business,” she said. The girl was about to leave, so she said, “Actually, it’s poison.”
“Rat poison?”
“Why would you think it was rat poison?”
“I don’t know. That’s the only kind of poison I know about.”
“It’s father poison,” she said.
“What does that mean?”
“It’s poison, to poison your father with.”
“Oh.”
“I plan to poison him one day.”
“Well, go you!”

Found on The Toast.


CRY



If you haven't listened to or watched a Story Corps narrative, you're missing out. These short vignettes used to play as I was on my way to work and I cried every gol-darned time. In this one, a father remembers his sons, both of whom died on 9/11. | From StoryCorps.org


NOD YOUR HEAD IN RECOGNITION

Sorry.
I love Rebecca Woolf's blog, Girl's Gone Child. She's at a completely different stage of life from me (she has four young children, including 2-year-old fraternal twins), but I just love her honesty and frankness. Like this post, Romp? More like Womp. which addresses the waning libido of a one-time sex-crazed wife and mother.
I mean, what the hell is wrong with me? Sex used to be my favorite. Is it four kids that killed my libido? Has my body recognized that there will be no more babies coming out of it therefore it wants nothing to do with anything mildly sexual? I mean, is that a thing? Is it because, thanks to my Copper IUD, I am seemingly always on my period? (That didn’t use to stop me. Not even close.)


LAUGH

I could watch this forever. I'm going to load it on my iPad and watch it all the way to Europe. And everyone will want to be my friend.


P.S. Tomorrow I fly to Europe with my aunt! I'm not bringing my laptop with me, which means I won't be doing any long or photo-rich posts. But I will have lots to share when I get back. Stay kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...