Saturday, September 10, 2011

You would never catch me...

Hello all! My name is Diane and I blog (occasionally) over at Diane, Diapers, and Drool about life in Georgia with my husband and now 14-month-old son, Drew. Wynn Anne, my aunt (and Drew's great-aunt) asked if I would like to contribute a guest post to her blog. I love reading her fun stories over here, so I jumped on the chance.
But what to write? I don't often plan topics for my blog. I just write whatever comes to mind (rather infrequently lately, unfortunately). My aunt offered up some thought-inspiring suggestions, so I settled on something fun and easy. But she gave me much fodder for some future posts over on my blog, too!
As a full-time working mom there are many things I do every day. Cooking, cleaning, sitting in traffic, wiping bottoms, all the usual. But here are 10 things you would never find me doing.
You would never catch me...
1. Eating eggplant. Can’t do it. I’m all for vegetables, and I love zucchini and squash, but I CAN’T handle the texture of eggplant. You’d think it would be similar enough to other squashes, but it is definitely not. Seriously, what is wrong with eggplant?

It LOOKS tasty!

2. Saying y’all. At first it was a stubbornness thing when I moved from Canada to Georgia. I didn’t like the ugly word. As time has passed I have accepted that it is actually a very useful word, but it just has not been adopted into my vocabulary.

3. Without a water bottle. Work. Church. Even just running errands. I don’t go anywhere without my water bottle. It started when I was pregnant and thirsty all the time. Then I was nursing and thirsty all the time. Now I’m just thirsty all the time.
I drink at least this much in a day
4. Eating a whole handful of Skittles. Nope. They must be sorted by color, saving the reds for last.
5. With one wet hand. Or one barefoot. Or tapping a rhythm on only one leg. Yes, this is an OCD thing. I can’t stand being uneven, especially with extreme tactile sensations like cold, hot, wet, sometimes even pain (I know. I should probably see someone.). Please don’t give me a high five unless you intend to do it twice, one on each hand.
6. Offering up hugs. It’s just not my thing (besides with my son, husband, and immediate family, of course).
Probably not.

7. In closed-toed shoes in the summer. I heart my flip flops and will wear them as long as I possibly can.
Pink, of course
8. Sunbathing. I burn too easily. Seriously. Add on top of that the fear of wrinkles and skin cancer and I pretty much avoid the sun at all costs. I’ve recently learned that a certain amount of sun can actually be good for you, but you still won’t find me laying out trying to get a tan. I don’t have the time or patience to deal with that. It’s hot. But you may find me playing outside with my son without suncreen. (Oh my!)
That's me on the far left.
As if you didn't already guess.
9. Walking around with an iPod. I get a lot of hate for this one, but in general I am just not a fan of music. I like music. I have loved on some Jimmy Buffet, Garth Brooks, Wicked and Rent soundtracks, and even some Jewel and Alanis Morissette back in the day. But, for the most part, I find music to be noisy. Even when working out music just doesn’t do it for me. Give me a book-on-tapeMP3 and I’ll be happy. But music? Meh…
10. Watching TV. Even before we cut cable to save money, I just didn’t watch it. Literally. Didn't turn it on once in an entire month. I’m not against TV. We used to “have shows” but we got so far behind in them (that’s what a TiVo will do) that we gave up. And at one point in time I had a Food Network addiction, but apparently I became addicted to the internet, and just forgot that TV existed.

Thanks for reading! Please come on over to my blog and say hello, y'all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...