|Front cover of the Sibbald Family Famous Recipes Cookbook|
Recently, my friend Aliza told me about a "creativity challenge" Facebook group that's inspired by the NaNoWriMo (National Novel-Writing Month) which challenges authors to knuckle down and write an entire novel in the month of November. Although I've toyed with the idea of getting serious about fiction, this cookbook is the writing challenge that has bothered me the longest.
|The original cookbook.|
|I'm so hungry for this now.|
Here's the current work plan:
- update Blurb software - complete
- check that I still have the files! - complete - files are available and not corrupted!
- if not, should I start over with Shutterfly? - N/A
- inventory what recipes and photos I have so far
- list what's missing per existing draft
- any new recipes to add?
- any photo reshoots necessary?
- start cooking, shooting, and writing!
- table of contents
- proofread, edit
- get someone to proofread, do random tests
- send to publisher, order copies
So far, I've concluded that there are 36 recipes for which I need to do a photo shoot. Looks like there'll be plenty of cooking going on around here!
I'll keep you posted on my progress.