Monday, October 22, 2012

Say what?

Background: Shortly after we moved in, we hired a geek to come and help debug our networking set-up and to figure out why our main PC was running so slowly. The geek installed his favourite software. It made no difference. Today, we received an automatic renewal notification. (I don't remember seeing the previous one or I would have contacted the company sooner.)

My objective: to cancel the order and receive a refund.

When I went to their contact page, a window popped up inviting me to a live chat session. I've had pretty good experiences with these before. Not so much this time.

Following is the text of an actual "live chat" session I just concluded.

Scott: Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...Hello, welcome to Uniblue Live Chat. Please briefly describe your goal or question and I will connect you with the best resource to answer your questions.Customer:  Did not intend to have automatic renewal. Please cancel the order and refund usCustomer:  Your order number: XXXXXXXXScott:  Okay, our customer service team can handle this for you. I do recommend first checking our support dashboard and FAQ as many customers find the answer they need there. Please follow this link: http://www.uniblue.com/support/Scott: Or you can file a ticket with our support team and they will get in contact with you as soon as possible. Please follow this link: http://www.uniblue.com/support/ticket/Customer:  Um, so, what does the live chat session accomplish?Scott:  I understand your inquiry, however my role is to direct you to the best resource for your situation. The support team will be best able to resolve your issue and they will be happy to assist you. You can contact them through the channels listed above.Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

So I went back to the exact web page I had been on and submitted my request for a refund. The chat was a complete waste of my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...