Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oh, Interwebs!


Canadian artist, Carol Milne, creates knitted-glass sculptures. They are kind of amazing. See more on her website.


Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 


THINK

Read Derick Clifton's article, "One Tweet Sums Up Everything Wrong with the Reaction to Amanda Bynes' Meltdown" This tweet sums up what I felt as I watched Amanda Bynes sliding into madness again.


DROP YOUR JAW

The Strange & Curious Tale of the Last True Hermit,  by Michael Finkel | True story of a man who (probably) has Asperger Syndrome (as does my son Peter) who more or less ran away from home. And stayed away for thirty years.
"I suspect," he wrote, "more damage has been done to my sanity in jail, in months; than years, decades, in the woods."


LAUGH

This is for all my cynical literary friends: Inevitable Fates of Beloved Children’s Book Characters
The author apologises that these alternate plot lines are almost entirely based on the movie versions of these books, watched feverishly during an 18 hour flight over approx. 16 airplane desserts. 

CRY



Ottawa photographer, Bing Wen, took this picture in the days after the shooting death of Cpl Nathan Cirillo at the War Memorial in Ottawa. (Bing Wen is a member of the Ottawa Photography Network on Facebook.)

2 comments:

  1. wow - that glass sculpture is beautiful. how creative.

    Incredible photo by Wen. what a wonderful moment in the midst of such tragic events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been a number of heartening moments over the past week.

      Delete

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...