Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What does "international" mean to you?

Since Emily's boyfriend and many of her friends live in Colorado, I made a point of buying her a cell phone that included unlimited international text messaging. I even stipulated with the salesperson that it had to include the United States. (Some providers don't consider the States to be "international," but don't include it under domestic texting either. I guess it's kind of limbo.)

You can imagine my surprise when Emily's account was frozen because she had rung up a bill of $133.00! That's $33 over her spending cap, and about $100 more than I was expecting to pay for a month's service, and she's only had the phone for less than a week.

After a couple of hours on the phone with customer service and at the sales counter at the mall, I still got conflicting answers about whether or not the plan included texts to the United States. I was told to wait until I got the first bill and then bring it to the store to resolve the issue. (Apparently, even customer service can't see a detailed bill until it is automagically generated.)

So, until we get that all-important bill, Emily is text-deprived, which makes her so-o-o-o happy. And I'm not even sure it'll be resolved then, because the provider's own customer service reps can't seem to agree on what is or is not considered "international."

Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...