Friday, April 10, 2015

Oh, Interwebs!

"Design Museum #8, Mirrored" one of the stunning long-exposure photographs by Sharon Tenenbaum who lives in Vancouver.
Welcome to my periodic round-up of things I've found online that make me smile, cry, laugh, think, shout, or drop my jaw. 



PRAY

To whom do you pray? Is it the distant, powerful Ultimate Reality? Or is it to the personal, intimate god? Anne Lamott starts her prayers with "Hi." Read the review of her book Help, Thanks, Wow: The Three Essential Prayers to find out more. Here is one of her more relateable prayes.
Hi, God.
I am just a mess.
It is all hopeless.
What else is new?
I would be sick of me, if I were You, but
                Miraculously You are not.
I know I have no control over other people’s
                Lives, and I hate this. Yet I believe that if I
                Accept this and surrender, You will meet me
                Wherever I am.
Wow. Can this be true?  If so, how is this
                Afternoon – say, two-ish?
Thank You in advance for Your company and
                Blessings.
You have never once let me down.
Amen.
How about this afternoon, say, two-ish?


LAUGH
This makes me so glad I'm not on the dating scene right now.


DROP YOUR JAW



There's thigh gap, and then there's OH MY GOD! Or "You had one job to do, graphic artist."


LAUGH

Anyone who has tried to go gluten-free will appreciate the increasing availability of commercially-available gluten-free items. Even famous works of art are getting the GF treatment. 


CONTEMPLATE

This series of photos of mothers and their newborns is so different from the artistic, stylized newborn photos we've come to expect. While the infants are adorably in the pictures, the focus remains on the mothers. I love that it shows the full rainbow of feelings she experiences: pride, exhaustion, fear, joy, love, hope, sadness. The artist, Jenny Lewis, told Buzzfeed that she “sought to capture that moment after childbirth and show that women are still themselves after delivery.” I think she did that and more.


LAUGH

See more funny at Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...