Monday, June 25, 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things

Today, I am going on an anti-rant. I am going to wax effusive about some of the things (not the people) that make me happy. Here they are, in no particular order.

1. Sunlight streaming through sheer or lace curtains across a floor. Especially in winter.

2. The weight of an infant slumped in sleep across my chest.

3. The sound of rain on water. (I love to keep our bedroom window open on rainy nights, so we can hear the water on the pool.)

4. The gentle sway of a hammock.

5. Sunsets. Always, but especially on water. 

6. Curtains billowing in the breeze.
7. Tiramisu, of course. (Obviously, these are not in order.)

8. Spooning.

9. Turkey dinner with all the fixings, especially bread stuffing.

10. Cut flowers in bouquets.

11. My garden in bloom.

12. A fire in a fireplace. (No pictures with fire, yet, but this holds the promise of many hearthside glasses of wine to come.)

13. The smell of bread or cookies or turkey baking in the oven. (Step outside, then come back in, just to savour the goodness!)

14. The smell of a baby's head.

15. The motion of a train washboarding over tracks or very light turbulence in flight.

Oh, I could go on and on and on. But I won't. I'm just going to stew in this state of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Any comments?

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...